Thursday, December 1, 2011

Santa the Baker Ornament.

Another ornament from my collection. This one is probably about 12 years old. It had a stitch guide with a delightful array of stitches and beads which made it very fun to work on. The little fimo clay charms came with the piece, and are ever so tiny. I loved to cook during that period of my life.

One of my favorite cookie recipes:

Amish Sugar Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar

Directions

In large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugars. Beat in eggs until well blended. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture.
Drop by small teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.

Now if I were to pick my favorite cookie today I'd run, not walk to Pam Kellog's site and go to her Dropped Sugar Cookie recipe. She baked some of these for my crazy quilting group when she came up to teach and it became my new favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment